Memphis immigration lawyer Ari Sauer provides news and information on US immigration law.
The Washington Post posted an op-ed by Doris Meissner, senior fellow at the Migration Policy Institute, who served as commisioner of the INS from 1993 to 2000, where Ms. Meissner addressed 5 common myths about U.S. immigration.
This article addresses the following myths about immigrants and U.S. immigration.
1) Immigrants take jobs from American Workers
2) Immigration is at an all-time high, and most new immigrants came illegally
3) Today’s immigrants are not integrating into American life like past waves did
4) Cracking down on illegal border crossings will make us safer
5) Immigration reform cannot happen in an election year.