Immigration Lawyer Ari Sauer – The Immigration Answer Man

Memphis immigration lawyer Ari Sauer provides news and information on US immigration law.

Can I sponsor my child’s father for a green card?

QUESTION: I am a US citizen. Can I sponsor my child’s dad for a green card?

THE IMMIGRATION ANSWER MAN- ARI SAUER: No. You cannot file a petition for someone based solely on them being the parent of your child. A US citizen can file an immigrant petition (the first step toward a family-based green card) for 1) their spouse; 2) their parents (if the US citizen is at least 21 years old); 3) their siblings; and 4) their children. A US Permanent Resident (green card holder) can file an immigrant petition (the first step toward a family-based green card) for 1) their spouse; and 2) their unmarried children. Green card holders cannot petition for their parents, siblings, or married children.

It is recommended that you consult with me or another qualified experienced immigration lawyer before filing anything, as the immigration laws are very complicated.

If you would like to schedule a consultation appointment with me to discuss your options, you can call my office at  901-507-4270 and my paralegal, Jessica, will assist you in scheduling an appointment. I am available to do consultations by phone or video, or in person at my office. Hablamos español

By attorney Ari Sauer.

* This is an advertisement. Ari Sauer is an attorney with the Siskind Susser law firm. Additional information about attorney Ari Sauer is available at . On this blog we answer questions as a service to our readers, but we cannot assume any liability related to reliance on anything posted here, and responses to questions are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. Immigration laws and regulations are constantly changing and the information provided here may not apply to your situation. Readers are cautioned to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer before acting on anything stated in this blog. This blog is not intended to substitute for a consultation with a qualified immigration law attorney. Ari Sauer is licensed to practice law through the states of Tennessee, New York and New Jersey but is eligible to assist clients from throughout the US. Certification as an Immigration Specialist is not currently available in Tennessee, New York or New Jersey. Siskind Susser limits its practice strictly to immigration law, a Federal practice area, and we do not claim expertise in the laws of states other than where our attorneys are licensed. The opinions expressed here are those of Ari Sauer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Siskind Susser.

I welcome your comments or questions!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: