Immigration Lawyer Ari Sauer – The Immigration Answer Man

Memphis immigration lawyer Ari Sauer provides news and information on US immigration law.

If I become a US citizen, will that hurt my son’s pending employment-based I-485?

QUESTION: My son has a pending employment based I-485 application, which was filed in 2007. The priority dates are not current. I have a green card and I had my citizenship interview last week. When I become a citizen, will that affect my son’s I-485?

ARI SAUER THE IMMIGRATION ANSWER MAN: Having a close relative become a US citizen should not have any affect on a foreign national’s employment-based application for adjustment of status (I-485). In fact, a foreign national is able to have more than one immigrant petition pending at the same time. For example a foreign national can have an employment based immigrant petition (I-140) in the third preference (EB3) and and a family based petition (I-130) filed by their US citizen parent (F1 – where child over 21) pending at the same time.

If you would like assistance with this process, you can schedule a consultation with me by calling 1-800-343-4890 or 901-682-6455 or by clicking here to 

schedule a consulation appointment with an immigration lawyer.

See immigration attorney Ari Sauer’s full bio.

Visit my blog, The Immigration Answer Man

Join The Immigration Answer Man – Ari Sauer Facebook Page. 
Connect with Ari Sauer on LinkedIn.
Follow Ari Sauer on Twitter.

* This is an advertisement. Ari Sauer is an attorney with the Siskind Susser law firm. On this blog we answer questions as a service to our readers, but we cannot assume any liability related to reliance on anything herein, and responses to questions are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. Immigration laws and regulations are constantly changing and the rules stated may not apply to your situation. Readers are cautioned to schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer before acting on anything stated in this blog. This blog is not intended to substitute for a consultation with a qualified immigration law attorney. Ari Sauer is licensed to practice law through the states of New York and New Jersey. Certification as an Immigration Specialist is not currently available in Tennessee, New York or New Jersey. Siskind Susser limits its practice strictly to immigration law, a Federal practice area, and we do not claim expertise in the laws of states other than where our attorneys are licensed.

One comment on “If I become a US citizen, will that hurt my son’s pending employment-based I-485?

  1. Piolo
    December 26, 2012

    toietmoi:Sorry to hear that. I think you probably sohuld talk to an immigration lawyer. You also can get advice from citizen advice bureau.It might be helpful if you post this question in the law category with more details about her case.Good luckReferences :

I welcome your comments or questions!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on June 19, 2012 by in Uncategorized.
%d bloggers like this: